Tuko Logistics Cooperative procures products for the needs of our owner chains’ retail and HoReCa sectors from the following product areas:
- fruit and vegetables
- industrial food products
- industrial fresh products
- non-food products
- The associated company Finnfrost Oy is responsible for the co-ordination, procurement and logistics of our frozen goods range.
Our largest retail product customer groups include the Siwa, Valintatalo and Euromarket stores of Suomen Lähikauppa Oy, Stockmannin Herkku shops and Tarmo and M stores (customers of Wihuri). The main channels for hotel, restaurant and catering (HoReCa) products are Wihuri’s Metro cash-and-carry outlets and Heinon Tukku.
In addition to universally marketed brands, we procure products under our private labels for the needs of our customers. We are actively involved in the international joint purchasing organisations EMD and United Nordic. We are glad to see Finnish manufacturers in their quotation cycles.
Requirements for suppliers
We require the following of our suppliers:
- A written term of purchase agreement
- Product information in digital format through the Synkka product information bank in accordance with the schedules of our assortment periods
- Price information in accordance with the schedules of our assortment periods using Tuko’s price list template
- Efficient traceability and self-monitoring
- Continuous availability of products
In addition, we value:
- Solid financial situation
- Functional product mix
- Competitive purchase prices
- Digital data transfer (order, delivery, invoicing)
- Smooth co-operation